Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Evolution of Grendel

Hey folks, today I'm happy to share a "new" set that I did over a year ago for Cygames' card app game: Rage of Bahamut. As with the Skull Soldiers I posted last year, the idea is to take a given character and sort of evolve them over a series of four stages. It's always a fun challenge to take an already somewhat over-the-top character and push them further with each step. For this one we have a guy named Grendel...I'm not sure if he's supposed to be related to the Beowulf Grendel, but in any case they just said that he was a large beast man with an axe that lives in the forest and his "skin" is more like exposed muscle. So off I went:





All of the paintings are 10"x12" Oil on masonite. 

The originals are available for purchase, please contact me at murphyillustration@gmail.com if interested. 


No comments:

Post a Comment